Street Fighter 4 System Requirements

July 1st, 2009 by Daniel Craig Leave a reply »

street-fighter-4-requirements

Street Fighter 4 is a fighting game produced by Capcom. What is interesting is that, it is the first numbered Street Fighter game since 1999. The Playstation 3 and Xbox 360 versions of the game were released in late Feburuary 2009 whereas the PC variant of the game is expected to be released in early July 2009. As of March 31, 2009, Street Fighter 4 had sold over 2.5 million copies worldwide.

Street Fighter 4 Minimum System Requirements

• Processor: Pentium 4 2.0Ghz or equivalent AMD processor
  • Memory/RAM: 1 GB
  • Video Card: 256 MB nVidia GeForce 6600 or ATI Radeon X1600 or greater
  • Hard Disk Space: 10 GB
  • Operating System: Windows XP or Windows Vista

Street Fighter 4 Recommended System Requirements

• Processor: Intel Core 2 duo or equivalent AMD processor
  • Memory/RAM: 2 GB
  • Video Card: 512 MB nVidia GeForce 8600 or ATI Radeon X1900 or greater
  • Hard Disk Space: 10 GB
  • Operating System: Windows XP or Windows Vista

65 comments

1. John-Paul Combs says:

I have the recomended system requirements but the game moves like your fighting in jello. I don’t understand, is there something else that is causing problems. My monitor is pretty old, and when I turn off live it gets a little better. Any help is appreciated.

• Fahad says:

If you post your system specs we may be able to identify the problem. Although you should make sure that you have the required directx version and the latest drivers for your graphics card.

• BadBoy says:

hi,
        i have Dual Core 2.0 T4200, 3 GB RAM but SF4 work very slowly.
        plz help me?

• imma says:

u must check ur system drivers

• Imran farooqui says:

Dear Fahad brother,
            I have branded system of hp model nomber dc 7800c8 configration of 2.4 gh core 2 duo,2 GB ram,512 MB 9400GT Geforce nvidia card
            and 250 sata hard drive so i want to ask u that can i play gta 4,sf4 and ashes cricket 09 smoothly? please reply me.
            Thanks.

• Fahad says:

Your graphics card isn’t very powerful so I doubt you would be able to play gta 4 or sf4. The cricket game may work though. :)

2. Zaidude says:

Turn the fps option from variable to fix

3. Ken says:

It is very slow.. Why? My pc has Due Core 2.5, 2GB of Ram, 512MB GeForce 9500 GT, HD 320GB..i run it on Windows XP.

4. Fahad says:

@Ken
    Make sure you have the latest drivers installed for your graphics card.

5. DJ says:

I have try SF4 in my window Vista SP2. But, it seen can’t work. I just can hear the sound. I can’t even see the main screen of game starting. Can anyone help me?

6. DJ says:

I have use the latest directx and latest Video driver already. But still the same problem. Pls help me.

7. yeah_i_can_fly says:

Hi Guys Im having some very bad performance problems with SF4 even tho my system reqs seem more than sufficient…

AMD 64 X2 Dual
    Core Processor 4400+
    2.21 GHz, 2.00 GB RAM
    Graphics card Radeon X1800

Any Ideas?

Help would be much appreciated.

8. yeah_i_can_fly says:

Oh, and wanted to add that the lagging already starts in the character menu selection.

When I check my Task Manager it seems that SF4 is using all my available CPU as it is always marking values between 80 and 95. (Which I simply can’t imagine why a fairly simple menu could use all that CPU…)

I disfragmented all my Hard Drives last night and there is still no improvement….

9. yeah_i_can_fly says:

I installed further Patches for my Graphic card, Menu seems ok now (approx. 60 FPS). Ingame It lowers down to 25-35 FPS which is still ugly…. :-(

10. Shobub says:

Hi i have the same spec as Yeah_i_can_fly, but an nvidia 8500 gt 256 mb..somethimes the game works perfect..sometimes not..and now its always bad..around 20 fps….i have fully updated my hardware..help me plz!

[email removed]

• Fahad says:

8500gt is not a gaming graphics card. You need to upgrade to be able to play the latest games.

• Muhammad Haseeb says:

Fahad brother I have bought dual core(Intel Pentium D)3.20 GHZ with 64-bit technology.It has 1GB of Ram and 250 GB of SATA hard drive.I love to play games so i have upgraded from Intel 1.8 Celeron to 3.2 Dual Core.I want your comments that is it good for games and another thing that i have not bought a video card yet i want to play latest games like GTA IV,Street Fighter IV,Ashes Cricket 09 etc.Please reply with your comments about it and tell me can i run good games which i have already discussed such as GTA IV etc.So please help me to get a good card.And please also inform me aboutyour pc specifications.

• Fahad says:

Hi Haseeb. Your processor definitely meets the minimum requirements for street fighter 4 but you will need a graphics card to be able to play the game. You may not be able to play gta 4 though cause it has insane requirements for both the processor and the graphics card. So you would need to get a new computer to be able to play that. You will definitely be able to play street fighter 4, ashes cricket 09, and most of the latest games once you get a good graphics card though. To get a good graphics card, consult tomshardware.com or post on the gamespot forums. People there can help you out.

11. Anon says:

@yeah_i_can_fly

Try downloading AMD Fusion for Gaming from http://game.amd.com/us-en/drivers_fusion.aspx

12. Akdave says:

Sup. This is one of the only games i want to play but it runs @ 5-10 fps once i hit the character select.

Comp Specs :

Nvidia 9100
    6 gigs of ram
    AMD X4 9550 Quad Core Prossor
    Vista Home Premium 64 bit edition
    SP 1

Computer isnt even 3 months old & i am blown away that the game runs as slow as it does. If anyone can offer an idea it would be much appreciated Thanks

13. Chris says:

You people need graphic cards that support 768 MB memory like an Nvida 8800GTX.

The more memory a Graphic card can support the better games will performe graphic wise. Lot of people really do not know this. graphics cards with 700MB or memory on the graphic cards alone are best. Buy non that are below 700mb graphic memory.

I run a vista and nvida 8800GTX which holds 768mb or memory on it alone and I can play Unreal Tournament 3 with max out settings that game is real demanding.

14. Simon says:

Hi everyone!
    I´ve got the same problems as yeah_i_can_fly and Shobub!
    I´ve downloaded the latest drivers for my graphics card.

AMD 64 X2 Dual
    Core Processor 4600+
    2.41 GHz, 2.00 GB RAM
    Graphics card is GeForce 8600 GTS 256mb

A friend has the same graphics card and has no problems!
    Please help!

15. AtzePeng says:

Same problem here with very bad performance – even with huge lags in the menus. It even seems to get worse as soon as it connects to Games for Windows Live.
    It seems that connecting/disconnecting from GfWL sometimes lets the game run smooth for a few moments. I actually reached 150 frames in benchmark – but that didn’t last for a long time…

AMD X2 4400 / 2GB RAM
    ATI Radeon X1950Pro (256MB)
    WinXP

16. Moonchild says:

My acer gemstone is 4gb Ram, 512gpu nvudia
    geoforce 9500m, 320gig harddrive Hd screen.

Here us tip for all on this page!

1. Turn off antialias, & texture

2. Leave character model & background on max

3. Put to lowest or better turn off shadows, particles.etc

4. Turn on parallel

5. Defrag

6. Game will run at 60fps and around 58fps.

Randomly lag comes but capcom will release
    patches.

My specs surpass recomended and all drivers are
    upto date includind nvudia.

Oh ya resolution can also affect lag. It’s capcom and
    not any of us doing wrong things.

I play on max native resolution 1366×768
    HD notebook game looks sweet

17. AtzePeng says:

Here’s what helped me having a AMD-CPU.
    Download the dual-core optimizer under

works like a charm for me now.
    Hopefully this will help anyone.

18. hadlock says:

I have an 8600gt 512mb and it runs “like in jello” on a 2.6ghz core 2 duo with 2gb ram. New drivers and all that jazz. I cranked everything to low but it still ran like jello @ 1680×1050, which is pathetic considering this game is just a 3D version of Street Fighter 2. I cranked the resolution down to windowed 800×600 and it runs fine. Capcom this is pathetic, at least put some effort into optimizing for PCs before releasing an Xbox game for PC (or Steam in my case). Also I’m pretty pissed that I had to install MS Crapware “games for windows” or whatever they call it, even though I downloaded it on Steam!

19. Bloodless says:

Ok, first I wanna thanks Zaidude for what he posted :

Zaidude on July 12th, 2009 at 7:26 pm
    Turn the fps option from variable to fix

Believe it or not, anyone that the fighting screen goes slow as ever, just change images/sec to fix.

Hopefully it will works for everyone too !

20. AznKid says:

I got it on gametap and every time i try to run the setup, it says source file corrupted

21. forumking says:

i have got intel core 2 duo 2.4 ghz e4600
    nvdia 9500 gt 1 gb card
    4 gb ram
    250 gb hard disk space
    acer al1916w monitor

still i get slow performance

can you tell me how to set the settings so that i can play faster otherwise it is very slow and crap

22. jeremy says:

hea i was wondering whats wrong with mine it use’s up 80% of my cpu and taht is alot considering i have amd athon 64 duel core 5200 with 4gb mem 500g harddrive and a geforce gtx 260 so why is it so bad.

23. hengky says:

I Used AMD Athlon 2.7 GHz, nvidia geforce 6150 SE 512 MB, RAM 2 GB but I can Play with high resolution, only 600×800..please help

24. coa says:

Bloodless says:
    August 21, 2009 at 6:56 pm

Ok, first I wanna thanks Zaidude for what he posted :

Zaidude on July 12th, 2009 at 7:26 pm
    Turn the fps option from variable to fix

Hopefully it will works for everyone too !

it works for me too, thanks zaidude……..

25. sanchit says:

hey fahad plz suggest me to buy a g card

is ati radeon 4780 x2 cross fire good
    plz help m

• Fahad says:

The 4870 should be more then enough to handle this game at high resolutions, you dont need to waste your money on 4870 x2……

Btw, I would advise the newer ATI 5000 series cards if you are buying a graphics card nowadays.

26. Kain says:

can this be played on a MSI EX460 laptop?

27. FallenFate says:

I need some help.

I have a nvidia 9500 gt with the latest drivers.
    Intel quad core 2.5 gighz (around that) and 3 gigs ddr2 at 800mghz all on an MSI mainboard (if i remember correctly) that has an 800 mghz FSB.

From what I’ve heard on different boards this should work good on my machine, however on high detail it runs only at ~15 fps….help?

28. ARJUN RAM VS says:

hai ihave core 2dou
    4 gbram ms xpx64
    intel g33 g31 chipse will itrun smooth…………

29. Monish says:

i got these spec:

win xp sp3

computer:
    AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual core processor 5000+
    2.61 GHz,
    2 GB RAM
    NVdia geforce 6600
    ATI raedon X1600

whn i run street fighter 4 i get this error msg
    “failed to create direct 3d device”

30. Redhotchilli01 says:

Hi people. I’m running Street fighter 4 on PC using the benchmark program but the problem is that it runs quite slow particularly when it loads to the versus screen. Here are my computer specs:

OS: Windows Vista Home Basic
    Processor: AMD Turion ™ 64 Mobile Technology MK-36
    Memory/Ram: 1470 GB
    Video Card: NVidia GeForce Go 6100

Any help on how to fix the problem would be appreciated :) , thanks.

31. Everyone in the world must respect the powa of Street Fighter, it’s seriously the number 1 fighting gameof all time! I’mhappyto see it releasing more and seeing other people loving the world warriors.game series HADOUKEN!

32. romit says:

(fatal error failed creating the Direct3d Device) and comes click ok ..when i click nth happends :( help me plz

33. "SAM" says:

hi guys.i’m new to this. i only got one ques. can i play SF4 without a graphic card. as i already said i’m new to this. thanks in advance.

34. Leonard says:

Just chang the setting of thr Frame from Variable to Fix. Try it it will work

35. lister says:

hello fahad brother,i want to upgrade my cpu,because i want to play ST4,
    i have:
    AMD Athlon(tm) II x2 245
    processor 2.91 Gb
    Ram 1 Gb.
    Hdd 40 Gb.
    but i has no grafic card,so i want u suggest for me,what the grafic card is matching for my pc.???.please help me brother..bcoz im really want play ST4 with very smooth.^_^..

• Fahad says:

You need to check if your motherboard has a pci express slot as the latest graphics card only come out on pci express. If it does, then any graphics card above $100 would suffice to play SF4. :)

36. Daniel says:

I have nvidia geforce 8400gs 1 gb graphics card,2gb ddr2 ram ,core 2 duo processor 2.93 ghz and windows 7 yet SF4 is working slowly.please help me.

• ahmad says:

do you remember the system properties in xp…the same way i used to play gta 5 on system properties which looks like the one in xp…in Advance tab under performance there is a setting button ..click it…in the data execution prevention tab..ther will be 2 options to turn it on or off …turn it off and click add browse to Street fighter 4 game and select it …hope this will solve your problem

37. Kashif says:

Hi Fahad,

Im Kashif
    Im using Sony Vaio Laptop VGN-Z13GN
    My configurations are—-
    Intel Core 2 Duo P9500(2.53gz)
    4 GB DDR3 RAM
    NVIDIA GeFORCE 9300M GS
    Mobile Intel(R) 4 series chipset Family

Now, Fahad my problem is that I got two options on my laptop One is Speed and other is Stamina.
    Speed carries NVIDIA GeFORCE 9300M GS
    and Stamina carries Mobile Intel(R) 4 series chipset Family.

I have downaloaded the game and im running it in speed mode, but the game is lagging and running slowly.
    When I went to Benchmark to anlyze PC performance there I’m seeing written above on the screen that it is using Mobile Intel(R) 4 series chipset Family card though Im running it in speed mode.

Please Help me…
    I Would be very grateful :)

• Fahad says:

Hi Kashif. Sorry but I have no experience of using laptops with switchable graphics, like yours. It would help if you ran the “dxdiag” command at start menu and saw which adapter is listed at the “display” tab. You should do this for both your speed and stamina modes.

If you could do that, it may identify if your graphics are being switched properly or not. :)

38. Kashif says:

Hi Fahad,

Thanks for the reply, actually I checked it when playing the game on speed mode which shows
    NVIDIA GeFORCE 9300M GS.
    Now is this graphic card compatible to the game sice the game is still lagging, I have also checked for the drviers which are properly installed.
    Please help….:)

• Fahad says:

Well, I can’t say for sure but take a look at http://www.notebookcheck.net/NVIDIA-GeForce-9300M-GS.9452.0.html
      That page lists some performance metrics for your graphic card and the fps of some games with it. With low settings, it is able to play crysis(original) and far cry 2 at playable fps. That means it is not a very powerful graphics card but you should be able to play the game on low settings. If it still lags for you in low graphics then the card is quite rubbish…….

If you had planned to do gaming on your laptop, you really should have gotten a better GPU with your laptop. Hope that helps. :)

39. madlabloodz says:

PLEASE HELP

i’m using a laptop and here are my specs:

Operating System
    MS Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit
    CPU
    Intel Core i3 330M @ 2.13GHz 58 °C
    Arrandale 32nm Technology
    RAM
    2.0GB Single-Channel DDR3 @ 532MHz (7-7-7-20)
    Motherboard
    Acer Aspire 4740 (CPU)
    Graphics
    Generic PnP Monitor @ 1366×768
    NVIDIA GeForce 310M
    Hard Drives
    313GB Western Digital WDC WD3200BEVT-22A23T0 ATA Device (SATA)

…after launching the game the screen just turns black and it says “STREET FIGHTER IV has stopped working”

..what am i going to do?? any help will be appreciated..

BTW, i checked my graphics card in nvidia and it says
    “Up to 10x the Performance of Integrated Graphics
    Whether you play the top games like The Sims 3 or edit HD movies, GeForce 310M GPUs accelerate your computing experience.”

40. swastik says:

use a game accelerator and set it to high speed gaming mode it worked for me and also set frames as fixed in options……….hope it works enjoy

41. Shintu says:

Hi Fahad,
    I bought ST4 & have following sys. configuration. But my game Plays on Black Screen, I can hear only sound. at start it give sound and afterwardsshows win. live pop up, but when i close it from cross button it takes long time to disappear and after that only black ascreen is there. Please Pls…. solve my problem.
    ——————
    System Information
    ——————
    Time of this report: 3/17/2011, 20:53:58
    Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit (6.1, Build 7600) (7600.win7_rtm.090713-1255)
    Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
    System Manufacturer: Dell Inc.
    System Model: Inspiron 545s
    ATI : 1800 10.2 version
    BIOS: Phoenix – AwardBIOS v6.00PG
    Processor: Pentium(R) Dual-Core CPU E5400 @ 2.70GHz (2 CPUs), ~2.7GHz
    Memory: 2048MB RAM
    Available OS Memory: 2038MB RAM
    Page File: 1378MB used, 2696MB available
    Windows Dir: C:Windows
    DirectX Version: DirectX 11
    DX Setup Parameters: Not found
    User DPI Setting: Using System DPI
    System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
    DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
    DxDiag Version: 6.01.7600.16385 64bit Unicode

Display Devices
    —————
    Card name: Intel(R) G33/G31 Express Chipset Family (Microsoft Corporation – WDDM 1.0)
    Manufacturer: Intel Corporation
    Chip type: Intel(R) GMA 3100
    DAC type: Internal
    Device Key: EnumPCIVEN_8086&DEV_29C2&SUBSYS_02E01028&REV_02
    Display Memory: 256 MB
    Dedicated Memory: 0 MB
    Shared Memory: 256 MB
    Current Mode: 1366 x 768 (32 bit) (60Hz)
    Monitor Name: Generic PnP Monitor
    Monitor Model: DELL IN1910N
    Monitor Id: DELA04C
    Native Mode: 1366 x 768(p) (59.790Hz)
    Output Type: HD15
    Driver Name: igdumd64.dll
    Driver File Version: 8.15.0010.1749 (English)
    Driver Version: 8.15.10.1749
    DDI Version: 9Ex
    Driver Model: WDDM 1.0
    Driver Attributes: Final Retail
    Driver Date/Size: 7/13/2009 17:41:07, 5437952 bytes
    WHQL Logo’d: Yes

• Fahad says:

You have integrated Intel graphics card. I hardly think that you would be able to play Street Fighter 4 on that. You will need to get a new laptop with a more powerful graphics card to play this game.

42. yura_blackheart says:

hai,i already install the game and follow the instructions but when i wanted to play it,it says “failed creating the direct 3D”.Why is that?

43. ahmad says:

i have a built in intel graphic card but it says failed creating 3d device
    can anyone help me to solve this problem or a way to just ignore this problem so i can play my game

44. anonymus says:

go to pc settings turn all to low and off
    on full screen high qulity char high quality background
    then try again
    who cant play the game install directx 9.0 first then try to play it
    after that you can install directx 10

45. m2 says:

hello every one ilive in iran. I have one Eror of Street fighter IV This is eror:
    The ordina 5208 could not be located in the dynamic link liberary xlive.dll.

PLEAS HEEEEEEEELP